logo

Tory Lanez has been Released on a Higher Bail Amidst Megan Thee Stallion Scandal

On 
Apr 7, 2022 @ 19:37 GMT+0000

Tory Lanez Release - Megan Thee Stallion charged the Canadian rapper, whose actual name is Daystar Peterson, with one count of assault with a handgun and another charge of gun possession in the 2020 incident.

Tory Lanez, the rapper, appears to be in hot water once more. After a judge determined that the 29-year-old rapper had breached a protective order in the criminal case related to his alleged shooting of Megan Thee Stallion in 2020, he was shackled and taken into custody. Continue reading to learn more.

Tory Lanez has been released on a higher bail.

Daystar Shemuel Shua Peterson, alias Tory Lanez, has been found in violation of the court orders set against him following the 2020 incident in which the Grammy Award-winning singer accused Tory of shooting her.

According to the judge, Tory breached the discovery protective order and the personal contact order by posting certain social media posts. Megan was strictly forbidden from contacting the Canadian rapper. Tory, on the other hand, posted right before the pre-trial, "God will make a table for you in the presence of your enemies."

The Judge noted that Tory's tweets in February were "obvious messages" to Megan Thee Stallion, who appeared to have taunted her on social media. Lanez addressed Megan Thee Stallion as "U," according to him, which was a violation of the protective order. Tory had no idea that the fallout would cost him $350,000 in bail.

Allow me to assist you if you are unsure. Tory Lanez was "denied the chance to publicly speak on the matter" by a judge in February 2021. Tory wasn't the first one to do it. "[Megan] knows what occurred, I know what happened, and we know that what you're claiming and [that] the alleged things and the alleged charges of my name is [sic] is not real," he previously raged on Instagram.

Tory's bail has now been raised to $350,000 from $250,000. Tory was ordered to be held in detention until he paid an additional $100,000 fine. The rapper, on the other hand, paid his bail bond and was released the day before yesterday. The next trial date has been set for September 24, 2022.

This isn't the first time the "Say It" rapper has broken the terms of his restraining order. The rapper previously performed at Rolling Loud on the same night as Megan Thee Stallion in August 2021. The 29-year-old rapper was ordered to post a $250,000 bond to remain free until his trial.

"A court found sufficient evidence of the rapper's guilt to order him to stand trial," Megan's attorney, Alex Spiro, said in a statement released Wednesday. In addition, the judge found sufficient proof that he had broken the order of protection today, and he was handcuffed in the courtroom. In this situation, the self-serving bluster will not affect the facts or prevent the lawsuit from progressing. "

"The DA sought that Mr. Peterson's bail is revoked or, in the alternative, elevated to $5 million," Lanez's attorney Shawn Holley said in response to the recent ruling. We're relieved that the judge turned down those ludicrous petitions. "

Even though Megan Thee Stallion is not a party to the case, her attorney issued a statement yesterday saying, "The self-serving bluster, in this case, will not change the facts or prevent this case from progressing."

Here is what you need to know about the incident

Megan Thee Stallion charged the Canadian rapper, whose actual name is Daystar Peterson, with one count of assault with a handgun and another charge of gun possession in the 2020 incident in which the rapper allegedly shot Stallion during an argument in the Hollywood Hills.

Lanez, on the other hand, was not charged with the shooting. It was discovered that Stallion had altered her complaint. She initially stated that she injured her foot when treading on shattered glass, but then disclosed that she had been shot.

Lanez was not charged with the shooting in October 2020, despite months of increased media attention surrounding the case. Stallion first told police authorities that she wounded her foot while walking on broken glass, but she eventually admitted to having been shot. Megan accused Lanez in an August 2020 Instagram video after media outlets claimed that he had shot the gun.

Mega Thee Stallion and  Daystar Peterson scandal

Image Source: YouTube

Lanez pleaded not guilty in November 2020. Stallion testified that Lanez said "Dance, b****!" as the singer opened fire around her feet as the case progressed to trial. Read the following statement from L.A. prosecutors in response to Megan's claim:

"While traveling in an SUV in the Hollywood Hills, the defendant and the 24-year-old victim got into a disagreement." When the victim got out of the car, Peterson is accused of shooting her several times at her feet, injuring her. "Megan P." was supposedly "inflicted with considerable bodily injury" by Lanez. Megan P. was "not an accomplice to the aforementioned offense," according to the lawsuit.

If you're wondering why Lanez shot, let me assure you that there isn't one. It appears to be a nasty battle between two ex-partners. But one thing is certain: Lanez is in far more danger than he appears to be in this situation. The date of the trial has been fixed for September 4, 2022. Do you believe Tory would defy the court's orders once more?

For more Pop Buzz updates make sure to bookmark BAE Magazine.

logo
Bae Magazine is a leading media and entertainment source as a fast-growing information hub. For promotion or advertisement, please mail us at [email protected]